Explore, Plan, Understand, Embrace, and Prepare for your adoption journey with an Adoption Support Coach.
Adoption Coaching with New Perspectives Therapeutic Services seeks to provide five (5) weeks of wraparound support services customized to your individual circumstances. Your safe space to process, reflect, prepare, and navigate the natural feelings associated with adoption. Call or text Nigeria McHellon, MSW, LCSW to set up your first session or to learn more! (904) 439-6524
New Perspectives Adoption Coaching
The five (5) sessions will be customized based on the presenting circumstances of the individual case, including but not limited to:
- Exploring the Adoptive Family’s “why”
- Understanding the unknowns
- birth father involvement, bonding pre/post birth, hospital plan, etc.
- Planning, preparing for matching, placement, parenting a newborn, adjusting after placement
- Meeting, interacting, and bonding with birth parents
- what to say, not to say, being empathetic, understanding birth parent grief, etc.
- Parenting through diversity
- adopting a child outside of your race, understanding birth family culture, embracing differences, blended family, etc.)
- Matching, placement, pre and post finalization
- showing family profile, waiting support, legal processes like TPR/ICPC, etc.
- Birth parent drug use
- DCF involvement
- Medical records
The five (5) sessions have been created based on current trends in adoption. Given the customized nature of the program, more or less time and support to be expended with each. We can also discuss: Stress Management, Open vs. Closed Adoption, Family Dynamics, Grief and Loss, and Fear vs. Excitement.
This training is so dynamic and our Coaching team is so experienced, we can truly customize the Family’s five week sessions to their situation and circumstances. We are prepared to be that professional, positive influence that many Adoptive Families need through the adoption process and provide a safe space to process, reflect, prepare, and navigate the natural feelings associated with adoption.
New Perspectives Therapeutic Services
Serving individuals, couples, family, and groups, New Perspectives Therapeutic Services offers a range of therapeutic approaches to help clients achieve the results they need. With professional therapy experience in Adoption, Anxiety, Confidence, Coping with medical conditions such as cancer and infertility, Depression, Grief/Loss, Life stress and transitions, Mood Disorders, PTSD, Relationship and Intimacy, Self-Esteem, Stress Management, Trauma, Veteran and post-deployment, and more, our team can manage a multitude of family circumstances and concerns.
The Adoption Support Coach Team
The adoption coaching is facilitated by a licensed clinical therapist and a team of master’s level providers. Opportunities exist to continue beyond the three (3) sessions, if needed, at the expense of the Adoptive Family and a doctor is available to review medical records when needed.
“Working with an adoption coach with New Perspectives was one of the best decisions we made through the process. Nigeria was such a good listener and helped us understand all the ups and downs through our journey.”